Monday, May 23, 2011

Pots for Monday


New Pots for the Garden

I picked up a chicken feeder the last time
I was at Tractor Supply for my hens and chicks

old tub with the bottom rusting out
full of multi colored zinnas

old wash tub filled with mini hostas
blue mouse ears, cameo and little treasure
and mini iris in the back

love my new/old wash tub
found it sitting outside an antique store Friday
perfect timing as the mini hostas arrived Friday also

huge old light fixture in concrete planter
the cactus made it through another winter

smaller light fixtures for patio planters
found the base 1/2 price at Hobby Lobby

more light fixtures waiting for a new life
Mom is using the huge ones for her strawberry planter
good for keeping the moles out

The best thing about these light fixtures is they came out of the dumpster.


3 comments:

  1. I love using galvinized containers too!!!!
    What an awesome idea with the chicken feeder and those light fixtures. I need to branch out to other areas of the stores when I look for containers. Thank you for sharing those ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great container ideas! Love how they look. I'm always on the lookout for something new to put plants in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. smart idea to use the light fixtures as planters!

    ReplyDelete